Bundesliga thread

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von waterboyro, 16. August 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. Yeah, it's seems very likely that we'll need all 6 points from the remaining 2 matches in order to secure the CL spot. We didn't perform well against our closest opponents this season, so Schalke and HSV matches kind of worry me. Anyways, both Leverkusen and BVB might also slip up, even if they have relatively easier fixtures left. At any rate, they are behind us (even if it's a small gap only), and that should add extra pressure on them; especially on a young team like BVB (that seemed to be the case in their match against Hoffenheim last week, or was it just me?).

Pokal win against Bayern would be sweeeet :D

2. I don't think it was the case last week against Hoffenheim. I watched the game hoping to see Dortmund slip but I lost all hope after they scored. Hoffenheim played really bad so the draw a very very lucky result for them.

3. I agree with the Hoffenheim being lucky part, as their play was absolutely hideous, but BVB looked quite nervous, making mistakes and losing quite a few balls. The same yesterday, especially in the first half, they had few chances and there was no flow in their game, which was full of errors (the same can be said about Nürnberg though).

4. I agree with you, we will need the 6 points. We have learned from the Dortmund game though, and approached the Freiburg, Wolfsburg and Cologne match with our heads right. A concentrated effort in Schalke (maybe against a nervy host), at home to HSV, and then the Cup Final against Bayern, three big games at the end of the season. Who could have wished for more, I really think these games are three "Endspiele." And, that is fantastic, this what I wished for, the team can only learn from this experience and maybe a big prize waits at the end of the tunnel. Fingers crossed...

5. Well, if HSV keep on playing like they did today, we won't have to worry about our last league match :D
    But yes, it's exciting to have three huge matches in a row. Would be great to finish the season with a bang, and we're on the right way, I feel.

6. Hi all from Matteo Aka SWBItalia, here like usually to open the Next Bundesliga Match Topic.

Today, live from Weserstadion, Das Norden Derby!

After the Fulham "Magic Moment" (For Us :) ), Hamburg deserves a lot of intern Rage. They Win 4-0 against Nurnberg, and They want to Win today too, Just for personal glory.

However, We have to do another small effort to achieve the 3rd Place, and it seems to be much easier than we expect. Bayer and BVB are the actual true "problems", and a draw It's the most likely result for each other.

Prediction: 1:0 for Us!

Auf's Geht, Werder!

7. I don't think a big description is necessary. It's a 2 way day: either we finish 3rd and will be a very important result for us or ... I don't even dare to think.

8. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    I'm looking for two points tomorrow! Borussia will do a fine job at home v Leverkusen so Werder will only need one point. I also need one point for Killie tomorrow to avoid relegation in Scotland. It's going to be a very nervous day for me!!

9. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Hertha v Bayern is live today on ESPN channel. Most pubs will have the ESPN channel. It may just mean you have to ask for the owners to switch the TV on

10. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    [QUOTE = killiefan; 1030480] Hertha v Bayern is live today on ESPN channel. Most pubs will have the ESPN channel. It may just mean you have to ask for the owners to switch the TV on [/ QUOTE]

oops, wrong thread!

11. :beer::beer:It's 3rd spot. It's a wonderful achievement if we look at the league table from 20-22 matchday. Hugo missed, with his sitter, the chance to make it a perfect day but I'm also very very happy with the draw.

Let's now hope for a good draw in the last qualifying round to be really able to say: we're back in Champions League! :svw_applaus:

12. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    [QUOTE = killiefan; 1030329] I'm looking for two points tomorrow! Borussia will do a fine job at home shall be Leverkusen v will only need one point. I also need one point for Killie tomorrow to avoid relegation in Scotland. It's going to be a very nervous day for me! [/ QUOTE]

one point for Werder, one point for Killie - just as I hoped for:applaus::beer:

13. Congrats to Kilmarnock for preserving top league status!

Means chill-out time on both fronts for you until next weekend.

What do you make of your current manager, I think he did a good job in Aberdeen. How is he for the Killies (forgot the name of the gentleman)?

Werder got that 3rd spot in the bag. And now off to a wonderful cup final. Come on The Werder!

14. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Jimmy Calderwood is his name. He did a great job with Dunfermline too before moving to Aberdeen. The first six games in charge were good but then we went back to being very poor! I don't know if he will stay for next year but we need to bring in some new players & get rid of some for sure.

Four of us are arriving in Bremen on Fri to watch the Cup Final on the big screen. We have a large Scottish flag now with 'Schottisches Werder' written on it. If anyone sees us come & say hello. Also, we'll be the ones wearing the kilts ;)

15. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Anyone know when the fixtures are announced for next season?

16. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

No idea, nothing heared yet. I think currently everyone is focused on FIFA worldcup. I won´t expect any news within next four weeks.

17. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    ok cheers. As part of the 'Schottisches Werder' you'll see I have no home team to support again at the world cup..................apart from A.B.E. (Anyone But England);)

18. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Well, if your favourite is A.B.E., sit down and relax - the probability that your team will make it is 99.9999999999999999999999% :beer:

19. @ killiefan :tnx: :D

It think the fixture list will be published in early/mid June if I am not mistaken, maybe even end of June because of the World Cup. I heard that the first round of matches will start on Friday, 20 August.

So, a long and exciting summer ahead. Not too optimistic about Germany in the World Cup though, Loew gives me headaches. But I hope he has some cunning plans in the offing. Will see, won't hold my breath, though.

More interested in what Schaaf has in the offing, he is clearly intentioned on signing a "big" name for us this summer. Could be interesting if our golden hands finally find something to strengthen Defense. Wishful thinking, of course.

Still happy with the season, although there is a bit of sour taste.

20. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

I asked DFL by email when they will publish the new playing schedule. They try to publish it in week 27, beginning of July.