Bundesliga thread

Dieses Thema im Forum "International Board" wurde erstellt von waterboyro, 16. August 2008.

Diese Seite empfehlen

1. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Good idea, so I move that here :)

So, regarding Gladbach, there is something I really forgot about.
    Benni and me will be having luggage since we're coming from Paderborn and will be going back to Bremen that night.
    Wo we need to arrive at the same train station that we'll be leaving from that evening so we can lock away our luggage.

So question number 1: Is there luggage lockers in Rheydt?

Question number 2: If we leave from Rheydt after the match we have 15 minutes less to catch the train that we'd like to catch.
    @opalo: Do you know which station is easier and faster to reach from the stadium?

2. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    :D:applaus::svw_applaus::svw_schal::dance:

3. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Question 1. I am pretty sure that there are no lockers in Rheydt. Rheydt is a very small train station. Most buses after the match go to Gladbach central station, so you are fine if you lock your stuff there and get it back from there. Basically, after the match we have always taken the first bus we could jump on and always ended up at Gladbach central station.

How much time do you have between the end of the match and your train? You might not catch a bus immediately because it is a bit chaotic in Gladbach...

4. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

So then we'd prefer to arrive at Gladbach mainstation but then could stay with the plan to go to the fanhaus immediately from there.
    But we're also flexible with moving the meeting into town. Same to me :)

Well, we have about 45-50 minutes, the train leaves at 18:22 but I guess we won't be getting out of the stadium until 17:30.
    Anyway, it's no disaster if we don't catch it, there is another going at 19:22 but THAT will be the one EVERYONE will be taking and since we're talking about stuffed 15-minute bus tours, you can imagine that I don't really feel like doing that for more than 5 hours :p

5. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    The 18:22 train might be difficult though, as I said, it's a bit of a chaos in Gladbach after the game... Yesterday in Mainz it took us about an hour from the stadium to the station and I had the impression that they were better organized than in Gladbach. But, of course, it's always worth a try...

6. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Yeah, that's the plan, just give it a try and otherwise take the one at 19:22 :)

But we'll go with the main station then, since we might not be able to leave our luggage in Reydt and if we MIGHT be able to do that after all and then end up at the main station, then we're screwed :p

But I guess going to the fanhaus by that time of the day might be just the same as going from Rheydt?
    So is that fine for you if we're heading to the main station first?

7. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    Yes, that's absolutely fine with me. And lockers at Rheydt would really surprise me... ;) As I said, I will check with my colleague next week whether he knows some nice place in the city that could be an alternative to the fanhaus. Will keep you posted & already look forward to Gladbach :beer:

8. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Yeah, me too.
    And as I said: Fanhaus is fine with me, we should just make sure it's a good place to meet for us :)

9. Torero_neu

Torero_neu Guest

As opalo told, it is better to go to main station than to Rheydt. After the game there will be several shuttle busses from the the stadium to main station. I guess it is difficult to get the 18:22 train, if you want to stay in the stadium up to the final whistle, because there is a lot trouble when everyone wants to go to main station or to city center.
    Moreover, there are road works at the moment on "Aachener Straße" (the road from the stadium to the center), so the trouble might be even bigger.
    Regarding your luggage, I am not sure if in Rheydt are luggage lockers, but the station in Rheydt is not as small as you might think, (it's even called "Rheydt main station." :D) In MG main station are defintely luggage lockers.

10. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Oh dear, maybe we should just get back to Paderborn and spend the night there :lol:

But thanks for the information :beer:

11. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    @hasenbommel....have you considered asking around for those who are travelling to Gladbach by car if they have spare seats for the return to Bremen?

12. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    @killiefan. Depending on where you park your car, you might easily need 1-1.5 hrs to get away from the stadium. I did that for the Fifa Women's World Championship in summer and it was just terrible... I would definitely not go to Gladbach by car again.

Plus, hasenbommel would have to leave her luggage somewhere at the stadium instead of using a locker...

BTW: Rheydt does not have lockers: http://www.verkehrsmittelvergleich.de/bahnhof/rheydt-hbf

13. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Okay, right.
    I mean, it would not be a disaster to catch the later train, it will just be full :p

14. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    or..............you lot could stay in Cologne overnight & we could all :beer::beer::beer: til the wee small hours.........:D

15. gelöscht

gelöscht Guest

Yeah, but then I'd have to buy tickets for three days, need to find a place to stay and I'd spend a lot of money on beer.
    And right now I don't have like too much money :p

16. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    @killiefan. I am happy to join you for a few beers after the match, preferably in Düsseldorf since it would be a lot easier for me to get back home from there in the middle of the night. But if you prefer Cologne that would be fine as well, I'd just leave earlier... ;)

17. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    My colleague recommended the Mokka. It is rather a café bistro than a pub though (i.e. no draught beer). But he says the atmosphere is nice, it's not noisy and it's just a 3 minutes' walk from the station.

Here's the link: http://www.mokka.de/index.php/speisen.html - they've got an English menu so you can have a look easily.

However, he said it is quite popular and not that big, i.e. I would ask them whether we can book a table in case that you like it.

18. that mokka looks very nice - wish I could make the Gladbach game...
    but I'm in Bremen the week after for the Stuttgart game
    :svw_applaus:

19. killiefan

killiefan

Kartenverkäufe:
    +7
    Where do the shuttle buses leave from for Borussia Park? I know we've mentioned Rheydt too, where is that?

20. opalo

opalo

Kartenverkäufe:
    +221
    There's buses leaving from
    a) Gladbach main station and
    b) Rheydt

So, we could go to the Mokka (or anywhere else close to the main station) and take a bus to the stadium from there.

After the game, most buses go to the main station and not to Rheydt.